Upgrading ASP.NET on my web server to the latest version

fniles

I have .Net Framework 1.1 on my machine, when I try to create an ASP.NET Web
application, it gave me the following error:
Visual Studio .NET has detected that the Web server is running ASP.NET
version 1.0. The web application you are creating or opening can be
configured to be compliant wiht ASP.NET 1.0. However, the application will
not be able to use new features from ASP.NET 1.1.

The web server (IIS) is on my machine also.
How can I upgrade ASP.NET on my web server to the latest version ? Where can
I get the latest ASP.NET from ?

Thanks a lot.

Juan T. Llibre

Have you tried registering ASP.NET 1.1 with IIS ?

Open a command window at :
drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

and run the following command :

aspnet_regiis -i

Let us know if that fixes your problem.

fniles

Thank you very much.
It works !!!
Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre said:
Have you tried registering ASP.NET 1.1 with IIS ?

Open a command window at :
drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

and run the following command :

aspnet_regiis -i

Let us know if that fixes your problem.

Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Very urgent situation.Help me please!

I have .Net Framework 1.1 on my machine, when I try to create an ASP.NET Web
application, it gave me the following error:
Visual Studio .NET has detected that the Web server is running ASP.NET
version 1.0. The web application you are creating or opening can be
configured to be compliant with ASP.NET 1.0. However, the application will
not be able to use new features from ASP.NET 1.1 and it provides with two options.

The web server (IIS) is on my machine also.
How can I upgrade ASP.NET on my web server to the latest version ? Where can I get the latest ASP.NET from ?

I have also tried aspnet_regiis -i at the command window.Even then i get the same error.What shud i do now?I'll be very thankful if u'll help me in resolving this problem...Eagerly waiting for the answer...