Where is a drag e drop 3d game engine?

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
241
Reaction score
30
I'd recommend Unreal or Unity for 3D games. Unreal has visual scripting through "blueprints" where you create a graph of how things interact instead of writing code. But, it'll only get you so far. At the end of the day, for a reasonably complex game, you'll have to write some code (C++).

Unity has some drag and drop, but behavior is done through code (C#). It has a ton of tutorials and a huge user base, though, so it's not too difficult to find answers on how to do things.

They're both open source, used for AAA and indie games alike, and can publish to multiple platforms, including mobile. So, you can't really go wrong with either. Maybe go through the tutorials for both and see which you prefer. But, you'll likely have to bite the bullet and write some code eventually, regardless of the engine you choose.

Joined
Jul 3, 2021
Messages
37
Reaction score
2
"Where?". On the internet, in a repository or server.

Mastery of both a WYSIWYG scene editor and scripting in a game engine is needed by a game developer.

* CryEngine
* Unreal Engine
* Blender
* Unity