Is C, C++, and C# Useful For Beginner Game Development

Reaction score
I am interested in learning about game development in C, C++, and C#. Are these three languages all good for beginner game development? Which language should I start exploring for game development first? What game engines or libraries should a game developer use with these computer languages? I know OpenGL and Vulkan are popular libraries with some game developers that I believe are compatible with C, C++, and C#. I know Unity Engine and Unreal Engine are two popular game engines. I know Unity uses C# programming and Unreal Engine uses C++.

Reaction score
C++ is the best language for game development because of its capabilities to support a variety of coding styles. C++ gives game programmers better control to manage the entire architecture including usage and memory patterns.

The C# game development used to be a good choice but C++ is taking over this choice because of being lightweight comparatively. C++ code is faster than C# code; therefore, C++ has become a preferred choice of game developers.

Ask a Question