Where is the correct information for App_Browsers content ???

CS ADNT

Hello,

I am loosing my time with this problem but each day my site generates errors
on new crawlers or browsers I am unable to teat correctly.

What is the exact usage of the App_Browser folder in an asp.net 3.5 sp1
application ?

Originally using it for .browser files as the <BrowserCap> element of
web.config is obsolete, I discovered that it is used now for control
adapters.

I also discovered that there are uncorrected bugs as tis one: browser files
delivered by MS and placed in the Windows NET.Framework system folder should
read before and even be compiled and placed in GAC.
But reality is different and some files that you put in the App_Browser
folder seem to be intepreted BEFORE the base MS .browser files, resulting in
null reference and web site crash when you refer with a parentid or a refid
a base browser capabilities object defined in these files.

Another point: originally .browser files where to be placed directly under
the App_browsers folder, now it seems that without an intermediate folder,
the web site crashes with a very bad message from asp.net as error in file
unknown at line 1 !!!!!

What should be this folder name, has it any influence on load order of
browser files ?

Expecting some clarification on all this from MS.

CS