Where is the current X & Y stored?

Martin

Which properties contain the X & Y coordinates for the current page
view?. IOW, if a page is larger than the browser window and the user
has scrolled it somewhere, where can I find the current coordinates of
the upper left corner?

Note, I'm NOT referring to the window.screenLeft and window.screenTop
properties; these show the coordinates of the browser window itself on
the computer screen. I want the position of the page within the
browser.

Thanks.

Martin

I really can't figure this out.

Apparently, these values are not actually stored anywhere such that I
can reference them when needed. I've tried to come up with a script
that can calculate them but I can't even find anything that shows the
offset that occurs when the user moves a scroll bar. Everything seems
to show only the position of the mouse cursor.

Can anyone give me a clue on this?

Mark Parnell

Which properties contain the X & Y coordinates for the current page
view?. IOW, if a page is larger than the browser window and the user
has scrolled it somewhere, where can I find the current coordinates of
the upper left corner?

This isn't an HTML question. Try comp.lang.javascript (crossposted and
f'ups set).