Why no TextMate for Linux?

David Masover

It may well be, but I suspect that in practice, the difference in network
load between a phone that watches youtube and a phone that browses plain
text web sites is pretty large.

Certainly. But again, that's something which can be dealt with in practice,
not pre-emptively.
Except that, in practice, "I need to install a new programming language" is
a bigger deal than "I'll run this thing which uses existing standard
tools".

Well, except in this case, they're pretty much the same thing.

Seebs

Well, except in this case, they're pretty much the same thing.

Not really. I have written dozens of one-off C programs for that
system, even though I don't feel like spending the effort it would
take to get Ruby running on it. ;)

-s