will this work ok?

Jay

Before I go off and do this.....
I plan to put some hidden <div>s in a form.
When the user clicks an icon the div will show and contain a textarea.
The user will enter some data into the text area and then click a 2nd icon
to hide the div.

When the form is submitted it is expected that page2 will have access to the
textarea as normal.
Yes?

IE only environment.

Jay

Evertjan.

Jay wrote on 17 apr 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
Before I go off and do this.....
I plan to put some hidden <div>s in a form.
When the user clicks an icon the div will show and contain a textarea.
The user will enter some data into the text area and then click a 2nd
icon to hide the div.

Yes, that is possible.
Please go off and do it, we will help you where you get stuck.
When the form is submitted it is expected that page2 will have access
to the textarea as normal.
Yes?

No, another page does normally not have access to a textarea,
only to the submitted content.
IE only environment.

Why? The above is straightforward.

Jay

Evertjan. said:
Jay wrote on 17 apr 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:

Yes, that is possible.
Please go off and do it, we will help you where you get stuck.

I was asking if I could expect to come across any problems. Was a simple Q.
No, another page does normally not have access to a textarea,
only to the submitted content.

Yes (if your first sentence is correct).
I am talking about ASP being able to grab request.form(textareaName).
I foresaw no issues being able to retain the data but never having put form
elements inside divs and then used javascript on the divs I wanted to ensure
that there were no hidden nasties.
Why? The above is straightforward.

Why because the pages/app will live on the intranet (only) at work.

Jay