Win Vista 64-bit C compiler?

fermineutron

Could someone please suggest a good one? I've used lcc-win32 in 32-bit
xp but I now need to access more than 3.25 GB or ram, whats the best
way to do it without Linux?
Thanks ahead

Ian Collins

fermineutron said:
Could someone please suggest a good one? I've used lcc-win32 in 32-bit
xp but I now need to access more than 3.25 GB or ram, whats the best
way to do it without Linux?

(Open)Solaris?

Tim Prince

fermineutron said:
Could someone please suggest a good one?
Several commercial C compilers should be good, although I'm most familiar
with Intel's. Microsoft's is OK if you don't want auto-vectorization or
any of C99. The gcc which comes with the 64-bit mingw gfortran from the
gfortran wiki does support auto-vectorization.
If Vista 64 is giving you that much trouble, and you think linux is a
cop-out, there's still XP64, which is well liked by many who use it.

Serve Lau

fermineutron said:
Could someone please suggest a good one? I've used lcc-win32 in 32-bit
xp but I now need to access more than 3.25 GB or ram, whats the best
way to do it without Linux?
Thanks ahead

im not sure how far they are but mr Navia has been talking about lccwin64
here

Howard Jaegermeister

(Open)Solaris?

OpenSolaris does not know what to do with Sun Studio 12. As an OS unable
to deliver Sun's C99 capability, it is a turd.

I think OpenSolaris was the windows ME of Sun.

Howard Jaegermeister

Several commercial C compilers should be good, although I'm most
familiar
with Intel's. Microsoft's is OK if you don't want auto-vectorization
or
any of C99. The gcc which comes with the 64-bit mingw gfortran from the
gfortran wiki does support auto-vectorization. If Vista 64 is giving you
that much trouble, and you think linux is a cop-out, there's still XP64,
which is well liked by many who use it.

Tim,

I don't think you hit these constraints (3 + gigs of ram) without
antecedently living in sin.

Howard Jaegermeister

There's more than one distribution based on the OpenSolaris code base.

No one who wants recent comp sci wants OpenSolaris. They have a
differing OS that gets incremented and is about 11. That's the one to
grab. (I wish I had broadband and a burner.)

Let me try my linux fairy godmother:

Bitches please,
let me down, easy.

Ian Collins

Howard said:
No one who wants recent comp sci wants OpenSolaris. They have a
differing OS that gets incremented and is about 11. That's the one to
grab. (I wish I had broadband and a burner.)
If I understood the above I might consider replying.

CBFalconer

santosh said:
Sounds to me as if this Howard character, Ron Ford and Wade Ward
are all one and the same.

Now this contradicts your excellent English. To an English
speaker, they are all obviously different individuals.

Serve Lau

santosh said:
Sounds to me as if this Howard character, Ron Ford and Wade Ward are all
one and the same.

could it be some kind of bot who takes technical words and tries to make
sentences from it?

fermineutron

I hope I did not start a holly war here. If i did, sorry...
In any case, I looked up lcc-win64, seems like its still not ready for
a release. Also, I dont want to mess with compiling my compiler, I
want a "plug and play" windows Vista 64 bit compiler, if such thing
exists.

Flash Gordon

fermineutron wrote, On 23/08/08 17:04:
I hope I did not start a holly war here. If i did, sorry...
In any case, I looked up lcc-win64, seems like its still not ready for
a release. Also, I dont want to mess with compiling my compiler, I
want a "plug and play" windows Vista 64 bit compiler, if such thing
exists.

Check in an MS group. Check out what Intel offer in terms of compilers.
Check what the various ports of gcc can go (Cygwin, MinGW etc). With gcc
and any other compiler that is working towards but has not yet reached
C99 compliance you would need to check if it is close enough for you.

Obviously MS VC is out since it does not even attempt C99.

If you want C++ as well as C99 (as your original post suggested) then
lcc-win64 is out because that is not a C++ compiler.

santosh

fermineutron said:
I hope I did not start a holly war here. If i did, sorry...
In any case, I looked up lcc-win64, seems like its still not ready for
a release. Also, I dont want to mess with compiling my compiler, I
want a "plug and play" windows Vista 64 bit compiler, if such thing
exists.

I think the Intel C compiler plugged into an IDE like Eclipse can do the
job for you.