Window focus problem

joaotsetsemoita

Hello everyone, i need some help on focus child window.

My function to open window and focus it looks like this:

var winChat; (public variable)

function openMessenger() {
if (winChat)
winChat.focus();
else
winChat = window.open("chat.asp", etc)
}

This works fine, however If I submit any form or navigate inside the
child window and then go back to the parent window and try to focus
the child window, it won't focus. Any idea why? Or some workaround?

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best

Joao