window.opener....

Bill Smith

In my web based application I am opening the search window using
window.open(Url,UniqueName,....).

Once the search is complete I am setting the value back using
window.opener(...).

We are allowing the user to login multiple sessions in the same PC. I am
using session Id to open the window with unique name.

My question is do I have to code for this uniqueness while using the
window.opener().

How exactly the data will get posted back to the parent window when the two
parent windows (because of multiple logins) launched the search window.

Is there any thing I should take care?

Thanks,

Bill

Kevin Spencer

A browser window can only have ONE opener: That is the browser window which
spawned the new window using the JavaScript window.open() method. It doesn't
matter how many browser instances are running. And it has nothing to do with
the name of the instance. It has everything to do with the browser window
that spawned the window. That's why it's called "opener" rather than a name.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Bill Smith

Kevin,
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the way you analyse and answer
the question. Thank you very much.
Bill

Kevin Spencer

Well, thank YOU Bill. I'm not sure everyone appreciates my style, but I
appreciate your kindness!

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer