Windows Authentication and Server Error

Peter Newman

I'm at my wits end with this one.

I have an ASP.NET that runs fine on my local machine using Forms or Windows
Authentication mode. Now, it has come time to deploy on the client site.
They are running Win2003 server with SQL Server 2000 also installed. I've
uploaded my project, created the virtual directories, assigned folder privs
to the ASPNET user.

Forms authentication launches the start page fine. When I switch to Windows
authentication ( within the web.config file ) and change the startup page, I
get a Server error running / .............
Runtime Error

Unfortunately, I have not had access to the local server console to see the
real error message or check the event logs. We are still having the "unable
to start debugging" error that is probably from their IIS lockdown, so I
can't check that either.

Does anyone have a best practice procedure that I can follow to get this to
work? I should have access to the server console tomorrow to inspect the
ASPNET account and the IIS settings. Thanks gang!