Wing in mod_python vs wsgi?

Tom Stambaugh

I'm still using mod_python to deploy my framework for production (CentOS
running Python 2.5.5, Apache 2.2.3, mod_python 3.3.1). I'm acutely aware
of how elderly mod_python is, and I've had some frustrations using Wing
to debug inside it -- at least its possible, which is not true for any
other Python IDE I've tried.

Does Wing do better in mod_wsgi? Is it time for me to migrate from
mod_python to mod_wsgi?

Has anybody tried to do this (mod_wsgi and apache) in a Windoze environment?

Thx,
Tom S.
--
Tom Stambaugh
63 Boston Ave

Doug Epling

I don't know about your IDE, I am using the default IDLE just because it
is handy. But I have made the switch from mod_python. It was a good
idea, but mod_wsgi is a better idea. And as you know, mod_python is no
longer supported.

I am running Apache with mod_wsgi in a windows 7 environment -- I am
working on implementing Pylons.

Also, I have another Apache server with mod_wsgi serving a MoinMoin
wiki. This one is on a good os -- Fedora.

StanleyFra