wma api in j2me

focode

to my full astonishment , i am bewildered with the behavior of nokia
3110c , i have developed a small application in j2me midp 2 to send a
sms eg(INNOLABS MDM DATE DATA1 DATA2 DATE3 DATA4) TO 5667780 , if data
is correctly received by number 5667780 i will get a response eg
("thank you your information has been submitted , you can change it
within 2 hours from now ").
Program is written and tested , i tested it on sony ericsson w700i ,
there it works fine , i receive the acknowledgment massage from my
number (5667780) , but the problem arise here when the same massage is
tested with nokia 3110c , this model of nokia sends a blank sms to my
mentioned number i.e. 5667780 ( and not INNOLABS MDM DATE DATA1 DATA2
DATA3 DATA4 ) I DONT know why the same program is showing different
behavior on two mobile while i am using sun wireless tool kit sdk
version 3 on netbeans 6.7

this is my first encounter with nokia

kindly help me if their is some setting problem in this model , i
shall be higly thankfull

Roedy Green

Program is written and tested , i tested it on sony ericsson w700i ,
there it works fine , i receive the acknowledgment massage from my
number (5667780) , but the problem arise here when the same massage is
tested with nokia 3110c , this model of nokia sends a blank sms to my
mentioned number i.e. 5667780 ( and not INNOLABS MDM DATE DATA1 DATA2
DATA3 DATA4 ) I DONT know why the same program is showing different
behavior on two mobile while i am using sun wireless tool kit sdk
version 3 on netbeans 6.7

this is my first encounter with nokia

If I were in your boots, the first thing I would look for is some way
to query the devices for version of software installed.

Perhaps your Nokia supports only some older version of the API.

I would of course Google "Nokia 3110c SMS" and discover all the
software available for doing SMS, and see if any of that worked
properly.

I might use that software, or snoop on how it works to find out the
secret.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies

QQXCharlot