Word Document Will Not Open Via Clients - HELP!

Todd

Ok, this code works fine on the Web server machine. But when I try to run it
via any other clients on the LAN, I keep getting scripting errors (the MS
Word Document never opens.) Do I have to configure the server somehow to
allow it to share this MS Word doc?

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript>
Dim objWord
Sub Btn1_onclick()
call
OpenDoc("http://WEBSERVER/ClerkOfCourt/CourtLetters/TestTemplate.doc")
End Sub

Sub OpenDoc(strLocation)

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
objWord.Visible = true
objWord.Documents.Open strLocation
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

Todd

Yeah, but I need the .doc to open in it's own instance of the MS Word
Application. If I open it within the IE Browser - the user cannot make any
changes to it (save) etc.

Hmm...

Any suggestions?

zPaul

You don't have any option. The only thing you can do is to allow the user to
save the document and create a upload function if you want to save it to
server.