Working with Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Rajat Garg, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. Rajat Garg

    Rajat Garg Guest

    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for your help earlier.

    My company, Pilotoutlook.com is close on the heels of launching our first
    APIs - AirportLookup (shameless plug - it is going to be the largest Airport
    DB)
    and I want to track the requests coming in through Google Analytics.

    My idea is that if somehow, I can call Urchin JS in the background (from
    controller), I should be able to register it as a visit.

    Note that we are rendering XML as the output of the controller and also, I
    don't want to add ~300ms to every response (so some asynchronous call will
    be great)

    Is this a possibility or am I smoking pot? If so, how do I do it?

    I know we can do using log parsing but it is just too many places to look
    for the data at that point of time.

    Please let me know

    Thanks,

    --