Saving form fields not working

Rajat Garg

I have a form on a page *add_flight.rhtml -*
<%=form_tag({:controller=>"local_flights",:action=>"shared"},
{:id=>"add_flight", :method=>"post"})%>
<%=submit_tag("Add your Flight Request")%>
</form>

Then,* in controller - *
def shared
_flt = params[:fltAvailable]
if !_flt.blank?
@flt = SharedLocalFlight.new(_flt)
@flt.save
end
@fltSharedList = SharedLocalFlight.find:)all)
end

However, record doesn't get saved to table. There is no error msg in
development.log.

Any ideas on what I am missing here?

Please help.

Thanks,
--
Rajat Garg

Ph: 206-499-9495
Add: 1314 Spring Street, #412
Seattle, WA 98104
Web: http://www.pilotoutlook.com

Julian Leviston

I think the problem is with

params[:fltAvailable]

where did you come up with this?

may I suggest (temporarily) replacing shared with this:

def shared
render :text => params.to_yaml
end

and then looking at your html source. It'll show you what the params
key SHOULD be.

Julian

Learn Ruby on Rails! Check out the FREE VIDS (for a limited time)
VIDEO #3 out NOW!
http://sensei.zenunit.com/

[...]

By the way, this question should be asked of the rails list, not the
ruby one.

[...]

Julian,

I get back -

--- !map:HashWithIndifferentAccess
commit: List your Flight
action: shared
fltAvailable: !map:HashWithIndifferentAccess
from_airport: BFI
cost_type: Cost per person
num_seats: "3"
estimated_flying_time: "1:00"
estimated_cost: "45"
model_name: ""
return_time: 9:00 AM
mfr_name: ""
from_time: 9:00 AM
return_date: "2008-04-16"
from_date: "2008-04-11"
to_airport: HQM
aircraft_id: "73838"
flight_type: One Way

controller: local_flights

Any ideas what the issue is?

PS: What's the list name for Rails ?

Thanks,

On 11/04/2008, at 2:38 PM, Rajat Garg wrote:

I have a form on a page *add_flight.rhtml -*
<%=form_tag({:controller=>"local_flights",:action=>"shared"},
{:id=>"add_flight", :method=>"post"})%>
<%=submit_tag("Add your Flight Request")%>
</form>

Then,* in controller - *
def shared
_flt = params[:fltAvailable]
if !_flt.blank?
@flt = SharedLocalFlight.new(_flt)
@flt.save
end
@fltSharedList = SharedLocalFlight.find:)all)
end

This seems to be getting called and then shared.rhtml gets renderedHowever, record doesn't get saved to table. There is no error msg in