works on my xp pc but not on server...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a small application that accesses the webconfig file for the
    connection string. The connection string has been encrypted. The app works
    fine in IIS 5.1 on my xp machine but when I try it on windows 2003 server,
    whenever the app needs to access the connection string it give me the below
    error:

    Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification
    starting at index 0.

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Format of the initialization
    string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.

    Source Error:

    Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks in advance.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Guest, Mar 30, 2005

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Mike:
    I can only guess that a different version of mdac or something is installed
    on the two machines...it seems like your connection string has an error in
    it that one system tolerates and the other doesn't (or a feature which isn't
    supported in one vs the other).

    Check out http://connectionstrings.com or provide us your connection string
    (replace sensitive information with dummy data).

    Karl

    Karl Seguin, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Mar 31, 2005