would like feedback on slideshow...

George Ziniewicz

Hi,

I am somewhat new to javascript and css (~1 month), I recently put up a
slideshow to display some pics I recently took at Rocky Point Mexico:

http://zintel.com/picsel.html

Besides the shameless self-promotion, I am always looking for some good
ideas re photography and the web, bug reports, etc. I started out using
plain vanilla javascript, but it wouldn't run on Netscape, it currently only
seems to work (and not all that reliably!) on IE 5.5 so I apologize to users
of other browsers.

I am about to do a major rewrite of the page since it got a bit klugey
with some recent additions (zoom/filters/randomization), so before I do that
I thought I'd ask for some input.

ToDo:
other browser compliance
other blend transitions (unfortunately mostly MS only)
xhtml compliance
silent preloads (while you watch)
non-repeating and scrollable randomizer
drop shadow

possible:
captions
right-click capture

Bugs:
can't manually input zoom value
blend transitions sometimes causes a strange horizontal jog (when
images were <center>'d)
occasional view of PG image in G rating
1st image sometimes fails

And if anyone can tell me how to grab a dir in javascript so I wouldn't
have to hard-wire the filenames in an array...ideally I'd like to just refer
to a dirpath and let some function fogure out what is there, an applet
perhaps...

thanks,
zin

-- http://www.zintel.com