writing into an excel file

Paul

Hi I have an sql database and I need to do the following, hoping there are
some examples I can look at to impliment.
1. Copy an excel file on the server, just using a new name.
For example template.xls is an existing file on the server so the .net
application
would copy it on the server and name it new_day_year.xls.
2. insert data from an sql database (would first fill a dataset using a
stored procedure that would get data from an SQL database). I would need to
insert data into specific cells in the excel file (called new_day_year.xls)
from the.net application.
Thanks.

Here are some great ways to create Excel output:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx

Here's a free control that can help with Excel output (and Word, PowerPoint,
and WordPerfect output):
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

Or You could open an existing Excel file and modify it as an ADO.NET data
source:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...14d90e974e5/571439ff12d7473d#571439ff12d7473d

And here are a couple good 3rd party products that can make your chores
easy:
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

Paul

Hi thanks for the information. I am hoping to not run into any concurency
issues but expecting about
10-12 max users at one time and for each user they will be able to create
thier own report,
but all based off of the same template file.
--
Paul G
Software engineer.

Steve C. Orr [MCSD said:
Here are some great ways to create Excel output:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx

Here's a free control that can help with Excel output (and Word, PowerPoint,
and WordPerfect output):
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

Or You could open an existing Excel file and modify it as an ADO.NET data
source:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...14d90e974e5/571439ff12d7473d#571439ff12d7473d

And here are a couple good 3rd party products that can make your chores
easy:
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeExcel.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,
MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASPInsider
http://SteveOrr.net
http://iPhonePlaza.net

randy.buchholz

You can also use a DTS package on the database to directly export your data
to an excel file.