X.value problem

Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Can't find what's wrong in my following code. See my notes in my code.
function formcheck(myform)
{with (myform)
alert(sel.value); <----note---------- Msg shows a "2"
if(sel.value==2)
{alert('OK');} <-----note--------- This msg never shows up and it should because above msg shows 2.
else{alert('not 2');return false;} <-----note-------Msg shows "not 2" and this should not happen a/c above msg shows a 2.
if(frdate.value == '' && todate.value == '')
{alert('TO DELETE A RANGE, DATES ARE REQUIRED.');return false;}}

"sel" is in HTML <input type='radio' name='selfunc' id='sel' value='2'>
Thanks for your help

Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
33
your sel.value is int or String? Different datatype will show different result.

Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
In my radio button, value='2'. I presume that's a String but I've tried
sel.value=='2', ==2, ===2, ==='2' with corresponding value in my radio button but nothing works.

Resolved
new code:
with (myform)
var mysel=sel.value
if(mysel==2)
bla, bla bla

and it works perfectly. But I still don't understand why the other code didn't work. It seems to me it was valid coding.

Thanks for your help

Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
366
Reaction score
41
Have you tried this way
Java:
function formcheck(myform) {
    with (myform) {
        alert(sel.value); // This should alert the value of the selected radio button
        if (sel.value.equals('2')) {
            alert('OK'); // This should show up if the value is '2'
        } else {
            alert('not 2'); // This should show up if the value is not '2'
            return false; // If the value is not '2', return false
        }
        if (frdate.value.equals('') && todate.value.equals('')) {
            alert('TO DELETE A RANGE, DATES ARE REQUIRED.');
            return false; // If both date fields are empty, return false
to avoid creating another temporary variable
Java:
var mysel = sel.value