Xerces Library

Benjamin Black

Hello, I'm trying to get some code that uses the Xerces library (XML
parsing) to run in Visual C++ 2005 Express. I've linked the library
(xerces-c_2D.lib) and the \lib and \include locations to the project and
everything compiles, but can't link it:

1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl
xercesc_2_7::XMLString::release(wchar_t * *)"
(__imp_?release@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAXPAPA_W@Z) referenced in function
__catch$_main$0
1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTBOM"
(__imp_?fgDOMWRTBOM@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)
1>DOMPrint.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint"
(__imp_?fgDOMWRTFormatPrettyPrint@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QB_WB)
etc...
From my past experience these problem usually occur when you have forgotten
to link the library, but I'm sure I've linked the correct library
xerces-c_2D.lib (and removing this lib makes more errors).

Any ideas???? Apologies if I've posted to the wrong group.

Thanks
Benjamin

mlimber

Benjamin said:
[...]

From my past experience these problem usually occur when you have forgotten
to link the library, but I'm sure I've linked the correct library
xerces-c_2D.lib (and removing this lib makes more errors).

Any ideas???? Apologies if I've posted to the wrong group.

No problem. Here's an FAQ that has a list of better groups for you to
post to:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M