iostream help

Jake Thompson

Can someone help.

I am trying to link my program and I am getting an link error

U_ibmcm8.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::strstream * __thiscall
DKLobICM::getInputStream(int,int,int)"
(__imp_?getInputStream@DKLobICM@@QAEPAVstrstream@std@@HHH@Z) referenced
in function "long __cdecl u_dll_cm8_writenote(char,char *,unsigned
char)" (?u_dll_cm8_writenote@@YAJDPADE@Z)
..\Debug/FTIBMCM8.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I think this is because I don't have the iostream.lib file and I can
not find it anywhere. Can someone tell me if I am right and if I am
where I can get it? I have searched the web and have not been able to
find it.

this is why I need it

strstreambuf * strBuf1 = (strstreambuf *)inputStream1->rdbuf();

Thanks
Jake

David Resnick

Jake said:
[...]

Try comp.lang.c++. iostream is not C, the subject of this group...

-David

Rod Pemberton

Jake Thompson said:
Can someone help.

I am trying to link my program and I am getting an link error

U_ibmcm8.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::strstream * __thiscall
DKLobICM::getInputStream(int,int,int)"
(__imp_?getInputStream@DKLobICM@@QAEPAVstrstream@std@@HHH@Z) referenced
in function "long __cdecl u_dll_cm8_writenote(char,char *,unsigned
char)" (?u_dll_cm8_writenote@@YAJDPADE@Z)
.\Debug/FTIBMCM8.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I think this is because I don't have the iostream.lib file and I can
not find it anywhere. Can someone tell me if I am right and if I am
where I can get it? I have searched the web and have not been able to
find it.

this is why I need it

strstreambuf * strBuf1 = (strstreambuf *)inputStream1->rdbuf();

iostream, which I believe is C++, should've been included with your C++
compiler.

Rod Pemberton