Xml element serialize problem

Guest

Hello,
I've got some problem with pass Xml element that contains special characters
( through ) via Web-service.
For example -
Server:
[WebMethod]

public XmlElement HelloWorld()

{

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();

doc.LoadXml("<a></a>");

return doc.DocumentElement;

}

Client:

Service1 s = new Service1();

s.HelloWorld();

and I've got such exception

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1,
295). --
-> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x02, is an invalid
character
.. Line 1, position 300.
at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanHexEntity()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadChildren(XmlNode parent)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadElementNode()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.ReadCurrentNode(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader
reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadXmlNode(Boolean
wrappe
d)

How can I fix this problem??
Thank you.

Javier G. Lozano

Could you list the characters you're trying to send back to the client?
The more we know, the easier it is to help you out.

Guest

For example I'm trying this character '?' , but I think never mind what
character exactly...

Javier G. Lozano

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding you. Do you have
another character that's easier to work with?

Guest

I'm trying to send any special character in XmlElement, for example, &#x2
via Web-Service.
AFAIK each special character has been encoded in XML

ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2004APR.1033/cpguide/html/cpconSpecialCharacterConversionWhenWritingXMLContent.htm

in server side it's ok (special characters are encoded), but when client
retrieve XmlElement, I think, client try to decode special characters from
&#x2 and replace them to one symbol , of course XML can't contains
characters such as - smiling face character - and I've got exception.
What I can do in this situation??

See below...

Javier G. Lozano said:
Are your characters listed in this link:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/sgml/entities.html ?
I didn't find it.