xml error in webservice SOAP response ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jurjen de Groot, Dec 29, 2007.

  1. I'm 'consuming' a webservice written by a 3rd party wich uses Borland Soap
    Server.
    This all works fine, using the WSDL i've generated a Webservice and all
    works fine,.... well almost. There are some 'webmethods' wich return a
    exception.

    System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled by user code

    Message="There is an error in XML document (2, 1292)."

    InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException
    Message="The referenced element with ID '1' was not found in the
    document."

    Using a httpAnalyzer I've retrieved the response-XML (see below). I was just
    wondering if it's possible that the problem is an array-indexing problem,
    ..NET using index '0' for the first entry and borland (seems to be) using
    index '1' for their first entry ?

    Anyone know about this ? (or know of a solution)

    Best regards,
    Jurjen de Groot
    Netherlands.

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>

    <soap-env:envelope
    xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

    xmlns:soap-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

    <soap-env:body
    soap-enc:encodingstyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

    <ns1:get_res_kindsresponse xmlns:ns1="urn:uIntf-IMyInterface"
    xmlns:ns2="urn:uIntf">

    <return xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"
    soap-enc:arraytype="NS2:TReservationKind[1]"><item href="#1"/></return>

    <ns2:treservationkind id="1" xsi:type="NS2:TReservationKind">

    <res_type_num xsi:type="xsd:int">1</res_type_num>

    <name xsi:type="xsd:string">Zaterdag</name>

    <price1 xsi:type="xsd:double">21</price1>

    <price2 xsi:type="xsd:double">23.5</price2>

    <price_unit xsi:type="xsd:int">0</price_unit>

    <price_sw_time xsi:type="xsd:string">6:00</price_sw_time>

    </ns2:treservationkind>

    </ns1:get_res_kindsresponse>

    </soap-env:body>

    </soap-env:envelope>

    Jurjen de Groot, Dec 29, 2007

  2. It would seem that not all webservices are created equal, this webservice is
    not .NET compatible. Various options will have to be set on the 3rd party
    SOAP server to make it compatible with .NET,
    (http://qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=14222 )

    Jurjen de Groot, Jan 4, 2008