xml market estimates

Discussion in 'XML' started by Dr. Leff, Dec 19, 2009.

  1. Dr. Leff

    Dr. Leff Guest

    As of 2004, Yankee Group reported that XML including standards such as
    WSDL and UDDI
    is used by about twenty per cent of businesses for
    such electronic commerce. (Processor, December 17th 2004, Volume 26,
    Issue 51, Page Nine) with more companies
    expecting to do so real soon now. They contrasted this with the
    market share and interest in EDI-based
    standards.

    Does anyone have more recent information or quantiative information
    on XML for other purposes?

    I note that the Federal Government is spending close to a quarter of a
    billion dollars on its national information
    exchange architecture to exchange data about criminal identities>

    http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...ement_data_sharing?taxonomyId=13&pageNumber=2

    Dr. Leff, Dec 19, 2009