XML page on IE & Flash calling javascript function via getURL

piotr.sadowski

Hi,

I think I have a really big problem.

I have XML based web page using XSL and XSLT.
I also have Flash creative which calls javascript function via getURL

on(release){
getURL("javascript:foo()", "_self");
}

It is working (like I expected) on FF, Safari and Opera but NOT on IE
(both
6 and 7)
On IE7

I was googling for a while and I've found this:
http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/fscommand/index.html

I've implemented this and it works providing Flash was embeded on the
site
from the begining.
But the trick is that I have to embed my Flash creative via DOM
Operations (innerHTML function)

And of course it is not working on IE (like everything ;/)

So I was googling once again and I found this:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/external_interface.html

And it really works on IE even if I embed Flash creative via
innerHTML.
BUT that's not all folks. It works only on Flash 8 or higher.
My app has to work on Flash 6 or higher.
This solution is not the best for me.

Does anyone know better solution?
Has anyone ever faced this problem?
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any information about this.

Regards
Peter.