XmlHttpRequest & responseXml

Marco Laponder

Hi All,

I am using XmlHttpRequest object within Firefox to get a xml document
from the servlet. The reponseText is set but the responseXml is null.

My Code is:
req = new XMLHttpRequest();
req.open('GET', './transform?resource=xul', false);
req.send(null);

When I print rq.getAllHeaders it says:

I can create a DOM object by:
var parser = new DOMParser();
var dom = parser.parseFromString(req.responseText, "text/xml");

Anyone got any ideas what can be the problem ? the parseFromString is
very slow for large documents so this is not a good option for me

Kind regards,
Marco Laponder
(e-mail address removed)

Martin Honnen

Marco Laponder wrote:

I am using XmlHttpRequest object within Firefox to get a xml document
from the servlet. The reponseText is set but the responseXml is null.

My Code is:
req = new XMLHttpRequest();
req.open('GET', './transform?resource=xul', false);
req.send(null);

When I print rq.getAllHeaders it says:

A bit odd indeed, do you have a public URL where that occurs?
But you write responseXml while the property is named responseXML, so
maybe you have got the property name wrong?