XMLRPC problem. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jawaad Mahmood, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I was working on a small program to contact a third party website and
    retrieve some classified advertisements. Information must be
    transmitted to the website in the form of a struct, and returned as a
    struct as well. I have managed to define the structs in question, but I
    have run into some really annoying bugs when trying to transmit
    information to the website. Whenever I try, I get this message.

    --------------------------------
    RuntimeError in Ads#test

    Wrong content-type:
    --------------------------------

    I have looked at my webrick server and don't see any evidence that the
    website in question was contacted. The line the program is crashing on
    is this:

    server.call("search", @testserverdata)

    I have checked and @testserverdata is properly formed - the issue is in
    the call, or the kind of data it is transmitting / expecting to
    transmit. Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this? I tried
    googling but really found nothing. (You can see the whole sordid ordeal
    on my blog here: http://www.ordisante.com/?p=147)

    Anyone have any ideas?

    - Jawaad Mahmood

    Jawaad Mahmood, Jan 16, 2006