xsd to database schema...

Jeff Higgins

hi all,
can anyone recommend java tool to convert xsd to database schema?
thanks.
In general an XSLT processor might be a good choice.
There seems to be a good number of tools for specific cases.

Arne Vajhøj

can anyone recommend java tool to convert xsd to database schema?

Note that some schemas may be very difficult to map to a
relational database, but let us assume they are "nice".

I would try to do XSD->Java->SQL.

XSD->Java can be done with JAXB.

I believe you can find something for Java->SQL.

A quick googling found the following potential:

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_ddl_examples
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CASTOR/Using+DDL+Generator

Arne

John B. Matthews

boris said:
can anyone recommend Java tool to convert xsd to database schema?

I've used Database Schema Definition Language, an XML schema for
creating relational database schemas. It includes an XSLT that produces
schema documentation in XHTML format.

<http://dbsdl.sourceforge.net/>

I'm not sure it's what you want, but it might give you some ideas.

Roedy Green

hi all,
can anyone recommend java tool to convert xsd to database schema?
thanks.

Give a try to Stylus Studio. It has a free trial. I'm not sure it does
that, but it does everything but eat.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com