    Hi,

    What are the significant differences between the versions of .net.

    Ta

    Greg Webb, Aug 26, 2004

  2. ..1 and .9

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer
    ..Net Developer
    Microsoft MVP
    Big things are made up
    of lots of little things.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Hi Greg,

    In simple words.
    Microsoft is making you write as less code as possible "

    this is the significant change when you go from 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 2.0

    from 1.1 -> 2.0 more namespaces are added .
    and concepts like remoting have inbuild security which was not there in 1.1
    version.
    C# 2 has more features like generics .
    VB.NET - > in vs.net IDE when you load the VB.NET solution half of the
    compiliation work is already done..
    Webservices - 2.0 WSE enhancements..
    ASP.NET has more controls and datagrid is not there in ASP.NET 2.0 but they
    have a new control. which is better than datagrid.

    etc..etc..and many more.

    Thanks
    Raghavendra

    Raghavendra T V, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Greg Webb

    Karl Guest

    I wouldn't say 1.0 compared to 1.1 had any significant differences when
    comparing 1.x to 2.0.

    Simple google searches of "what's new in ASP.Net xxx" brings up some good
    hits.

    1.1
    http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/net_asp/miscellaneous/article.php/c5333/
    http://www.only4gurus.com/v2/preview.asp?ID=3075