    Paulo Guest

    Is possible to convert VS/Web solution 1.1 (2002) to 3.5? I tried but VS
    shows me many errors...
    Paulo, Sep 9, 2008

  2. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    Mr Rae, VS shows 188 errors, there are some below after conversion:

    "Warning 1 Attribute 'Codebehind' in the @ Page directive is no longer
    supported. Convert this page to the new code-behind model by opening the Web
    site (project) containing the page in Visual Web Developer.
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 1 10
    http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"

    "Error 2 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginwidth' is not a
    valid attribute of element 'body'.
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 87 100
    http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"

    "Error 3 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginheight' is not a
    valid attribute of element 'body'.
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 87 116
    http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"
    I cannot switch to designer mode!

    Paulo, Sep 9, 2008

  3. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    >>> Yes, but not automatically...

    >>> Like what...?

    >> VS shows 188 errors, there are some below after conversion:
    >>
    >> "Warning 1 Attribute 'Codebehind' in the @ Page directive is no longer
    >> supported. Convert this page to the new code-behind model by opening the
    >> Web site (project) containing the page in Visual Web Developer.
    >> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 1 10
    >> http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"

    > Sounds like you've converted the old project to a new website project
    > instead of a new web application project:
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...' in the @ Page directive is no longer"&meta=
    >

    >> "Error 2 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginwidth' is not
    >> a valid attribute of element 'body'.
    >> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 87 100
    >> http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"

    > By default, VS.NET 2008 uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional validation. I would
    > strongly suggest that you update all of the DOCTYPE declarations at the
    > top of each page to:
    >
    > and then modify all of the HTML markup to XHTML compliance.

    Mr Rae, I tried to create a new web application from zero and click "add
    existing item" and choose all the files of the old app... but it seems that
    VS dont recognize them correctly... what you recommend?
    Paulo, Sep 9, 2008
  4. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    > "Paulo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I tried to create a new web application from zero and click "add existing
    >> item" and choose all the files of the old app... but it seems that VS
    >> dont recognize them correctly... what you recommend?

    > You probably won't like it, but I would recommend that you add new pages
    > individually and then copy and paste the markup and code from the previous
    > version manually, fixing any errors as you go...

    Mr Rae, do you think that the controls used on 1.1 like grids are supported
    on the 3.5? Can I copy and paste them from old aspx source to new?

    Many thanks
    Paulo, Sep 9, 2008