1.1 to 3.5 ?

Paulo

Is possible to convert VS/Web solution 1.1 (2002) to 3.5? I tried but VS
shows me many errors...

Paulo

Mr Rae, VS shows 188 errors, there are some below after conversion:

"Warning 1 Attribute 'Codebehind' in the @ Page directive is no longer
supported. Convert this page to the new code-behind model by opening the Web
site (project) containing the page in Visual Web Developer.
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 1 10
http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"

"Error 2 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginwidth' is not a
valid attribute of element 'body'.
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 87 100
http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"

"Error 3 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginheight' is not a
valid attribute of element 'body'.
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scripts\MEC\default.aspx 87 116
http://localhost/scripts/MEC/"
I cannot switch to designer mode!

Paulo

Is possible to convert VS/Web solution 1.1 (2002) to 3.5?
Sounds like you've converted the old project to a new website project
instead of a new web application project:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...'+in+the+@+Page+directive+is+no+longer"&meta=

By default, VS.NET 2008 uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional validation. I would
strongly suggest that you update all of the DOCTYPE declarations at the
top of each page to:

and then modify all of the HTML markup to XHTML compliance.
Mr Rae, I tried to create a new web application from zero and click "add
existing item" and choose all the files of the old app... but it seems that
VS dont recognize them correctly... what you recommend?

Paulo

Mark Rae said:
You probably won't like it, but I would recommend that you add new pages
individually and then copy and paste the markup and code from the previous
version manually, fixing any errors as you go...

Mr Rae, do you think that the controls used on 1.1 like grids are supported
on the 3.5? Can I copy and paste them from old aspx source to new?

Many thanks