    If my network guy installs the 3.5 FW, will the older apps still run ok?

    Is 3.5 fully backwards compatible with 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 ASP.NET web apps?

    Thanks!

    Cirene, May 21, 2008

  2. The main point of contention is extra stuff added on top.

    If you are using AJAX, for example, you might have some problems until you
    ujpdate your web.config. The 2.0 bits will be pointed to a version 1.06.###
    (forget the entire number), while the 3.5 bits point to 3.5.0.0 version. If
    you change version in the web.config, you should be fine.

    That is your biggest danger, from my experience.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 21, 2008

  3. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    Thanks. So .NET 3.5 will install side by side with older frameworks
    installed on the server?

    Cirene, May 21, 2008
  4. re:
    !> .NET 3.5 will install side by side with older frameworks installed on the server?

    Yes, it will.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, May 21, 2008