2.0 book recommendation

John A Grandy

Recommendations on the best advanced 2.0 book for ASP.NET / WinForms , C#
........ that IS NOT based on the author having only worked with a beta or
ctp copy of the product.

(Or least the chance is small that the book contains errors or missing
incorrectly explained features.)

I've heard the APress titles are decent but wordy and not superb.

Thanks.

sloan

I have this book:
159059522X
(ISBN)

and would buy it again.

This is not a "how to I draw a gridview on a webform" book. This is
leveraging some technologies for an enterprise solution.

John Timney \( MVP \)

What do you mean by advanced - its a broad sweeping requirement, and your
not likely to get an advanced book covering webforms and winforms.

The new O'Reilly ASP2 Cookbook (ASP.NET 2.0 Cookbook, Second Edition Michael
A. Kittel and Geoffrey T. LeBlond ISBN: 0-596-100642-7, 989 pages) is a
corker if your looking for real-world workable examples. It has real world
scenarios defining problems, showing discussion and solving the problem in
an easy and concise way. Its an excellent book.

Theres a cracking new book coming out from Addison Wesley called Essential
C# by Mark Michaelis whihc is very advanced. You'll need to wait a few
weeks for it though as its just going to press. Definately one for the
bookshelf.