    Are there any plans to provide 64 bit support in future Mac OS 2.6.x
    releases?

    Thanks

    chris grebeldinger, Nov 13, 2009

  2. On Nov 13, 2009, at 3:58 PM, chris grebeldinger wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I've been having some trouble getting a x86_64/i386 universal
    > readline.so to build against libedit, on MacOS 10.5.6 as Apple does.
    > Does anyone have any pointers about what changes I need to make to
    > setup.py or readline.c to achive this?
    > Has someone already done this and would like to share it?

    The fix for use of native editline (readline emulation) was done and is already implemented on the trunk (2.7).
    Please see: http://bugs.python.org/issue6877
    You can find the patch in that tracker issue or here:
    http://svn.python.org/view?view=rev&revision=74970

    It was marked for a backport to a future 2.6.5 release too.

    > Are there any plans to provide 64 bit support in future Mac OS 2.6.x
    > releases?

    AFAIK, it is already supported.
    Perhaps you should specify the exact problems you have.
    I believe that a more appropriate place for that would be pythonmac-sig mailing list, though.

    Best regards,

    Zvezdan

    Zvezdan Petkovic, Nov 14, 2009

  3. On Nov 14, 12:53 am, Zvezdan Petkovic <> wrote:
    > On Nov 13, 2009, at 3:58 PM, chris grebeldinger wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > > I've been having some trouble getting ax86_64/i386 universal
    > > readline.so to build against libedit, on MacOS 10.5.6 as Apple does.
    > > Does anyone have any pointers about what changes I need to make to
    > > setup.py or readline.c to achive this?
    > > Has someone already done this and would like to share it?

    > The fix for use of native editline (readline emulation) was done and is already implemented on the trunk (2.7).
    > Please see:http://bugs.python.org/issue6877
    > You can find the patch in that tracker issue or here:http://svn.python.org/view?view=rev&revision=74970
    >
    > It was marked for a backport to a future 2.6.5 release too.
    >
    > > Are there any plans to provide 64 bit support in future Mac OS 2.6.x
    > > releases?

    > AFAIK, it is already supported.
    > Perhaps you should specify the exact problems you have.
    > I believe that a more appropriate place for that would be pythonmac-sig mailing list, though.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    >         Zvezdan

    Thank-you, doing a manual backport was easy once I knew where to find
    the diff =)

    - Chris

    chris grebeldinger, Nov 17, 2009