2.6.4 Mac x86_64 ?

chris grebeldinger

Hi All,
I've been having some trouble getting a x86_64/i386 universal
readline.so to build against libedit, on MacOS 10.5.6 as Apple does.
Does anyone have any pointers about what changes I need to make to
setup.py or readline.c to achive this?
Has someone already done this and would like to share it?
Are there any plans to provide 64 bit support in future Mac OS 2.6.x
releases?

Thanks

Zvezdan Petkovic

Hi All,
I've been having some trouble getting a x86_64/i386 universal
readline.so to build against libedit, on MacOS 10.5.6 as Apple does.
Does anyone have any pointers about what changes I need to make to
setup.py or readline.c to achive this?
Has someone already done this and would like to share it?

The fix for use of native editline (readline emulation) was done and is already implemented on the trunk (2.7).
Please see: http://bugs.python.org/issue6877
You can find the patch in that tracker issue or here:
http://svn.python.org/view?view=rev&revision=74970

It was marked for a backport to a future 2.6.5 release too.
Are there any plans to provide 64 bit support in future Mac OS 2.6.x
releases?

AFAIK, it is already supported.
Perhaps you should specify the exact problems you have.
I believe that a more appropriate place for that would be pythonmac-sig mailing list, though.

Best regards,

Zvezdan

chris grebeldinger

The fix for use of native editline (readline emulation) was done and is already implemented on the trunk (2.7).
Please see:http://bugs.python.org/issue6877
You can find the patch in that tracker issue or here:http://svn.python.org/view?view=rev&revision=74970

It was marked for a backport to a future 2.6.5 release too.

AFAIK, it is already supported.
Perhaps you should specify the exact problems you have.
I believe that a more appropriate place for that would be pythonmac-sig mailing list, though.

Best regards,

        Zvezdan

Thank-you, doing a manual backport was easy once I knew where to find
the diff =)

- Chris