2005 Web Deployment Project

MarkusJNZ

Hi, we have an existing solution which contains a bunch of C# projects
and one weployment project.

Initially I did not have the web deployment project installed on my
computer so I downloaded and installed it. I now have the option to
create a new deployment project when I go File- New Project so I assume

that it has installed correctly.

However, when I open up my master solution containing all the other C#
projects and the single web deployment project I get the following
message

"The application for project 'C:\myfolder\project_name.wdproj' is not
installed" "Make sure the application for the project type (.wdproj) is

installed"

What am I missing here?? Thanks in advance
Markus

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Sounds like the web project deployment bits are not properly installed, as
that is the file type for web deployment. Are you using an Express product?
Tot he best of my knowledge, there are some issues with Express and the web
projects from ASP.NET.

If not, check out Scott Guthrie's blog, as he has blogged on the web
deployment bits before. There might be some insight there.

MarkusJNZ

Thanks! I'll take a look

Regards