452 Requested action not taken: insufficient storage

kiel44

Hi all,
im making an application with email client When i use it ona any computer
its work fine but i want to put this project into Java Web Start. When im
doing this and im trying send email i have that errror :(
Can somebody explain me why Java Web Start don't allow me to send emails?

jan V

Can somebody explain me why Java Web Start don't allow me to send emails?

How do you conclude this from an error stating "insufficient storage" ? It
would appear there's either a RAM or disk space problem, not an email
sending problem....

Chris Uppal

kiel44 said:
im making an application with email client When i use it ona any computer
its work fine but i want to put this project into Java Web Start. When im
doing this and im trying send email i have that errror :(
Can somebody explain me why Java Web Start don't allow me to send emails?

Probably just a coincidence. That error code sounds like a response from an
SMTP server, and it has no way of telling (and no reason to care) whether your
application is run under JWS, or indeed whether it's written in Java at all.

My guess is that your application is sending too many messages, or sending too
much data in one message. It's also possible -- I suppose -- that the error is
caused by a lack of, or failure of, authentication (if the server allows you to
send messages when you are authenticated but not, or not as many, otherwise,
then it might respond with this error).

I'd fire up a network sniffer such as ethereal and see what's really going on.

-- chris