    its work fine but i want to put this project into Java Web Start. When im
    doing this and im trying send email i have that errror :(
    Can somebody explain me why Java Web Start don't allow me to send emails?

    kiel44, Sep 13, 2005

  2. kiel44

    jan V Guest

    > Can somebody explain me why Java Web Start don't allow me to send emails?

    How do you conclude this from an error stating "insufficient storage" ? It
    would appear there's either a RAM or disk space problem, not an email
    sending problem....

    jan V, Sep 13, 2005

  3. kiel44

    Chris Uppal Guest

    kiel44 wrote:

    > im making an application with email client When i use it ona any computer
    > its work fine but i want to put this project into Java Web Start. When im
    > doing this and im trying send email i have that errror :(
    > Can somebody explain me why Java Web Start don't allow me to send emails?

    Probably just a coincidence. That error code sounds like a response from an
    SMTP server, and it has no way of telling (and no reason to care) whether your
    application is run under JWS, or indeed whether it's written in Java at all.

    My guess is that your application is sending too many messages, or sending too
    much data in one message. It's also possible -- I suppose -- that the error is
    caused by a lack of, or failure of, authentication (if the server allows you to
    send messages when you are authenticated but not, or not as many, otherwise,
    then it might respond with this error).

    I'd fire up a network sniffer such as ethereal and see what's really going on.

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Sep 13, 2005
  4. kiel44

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:57:16 +0100, "Chris Uppal"
    <-THIS.org> wrote or quoted :

    >I'd fire up a network sniffer such as ethereal and see what's really going on.

    First make sure your email server is happy with you, and that you can
    talk to it with Eudora or the like. Watch what Eudora does with the
    packet sniffer. Then watch what you do in JAWS.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/packetsniffer.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 14, 2005