911, need drvmcdb.sys desperately

James Hu

Hi,

Sorry to post this message, but I need emergency help, please help me
out!

I couldn't get drvmcdb.sys from internet, which I accidentally deleted
last night, my laptop (XP) couldn't reboot anymore, but I need to keep
my data.

If anybody can send me this file: which is located in
c:\windows\system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys

Please send it to (e-mail address removed), coz I couldn't use this account
from tomorrow

I will appreciate your BIG HELP so much! You are my life saver!

Regards,

James

Dennis Lee Bieber

If anybody can send me this file: which is located in
c:\windows\system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys

Please send it to (e-mail address removed), coz I couldn't use this account
from tomorrow
If you are on an XP system, a copy is probably to be found in
c:\i386.

I also find one in c:\program files\sonic\dla\install
And I suspect there might be a prefetch version in the Windows
prefetch directory.l

The file implements Sonics "Drive Letter Access" used to make
CD-R(W) drives accessible to drag&drop operations. Doesn't seem like
something would prevent booting; should only really affect the CD drive
and hooking into the file explorer.