911, need drvmcdb.sys desperately

Discussion in 'Python' started by James Hu, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. James Hu

    James Hu Guest

    Hi,

    Sorry to post this message, but I need emergency help, please help me
    out!

    I couldn't get drvmcdb.sys from internet, which I accidentally deleted
    last night, my laptop (XP) couldn't reboot anymore, but I need to keep
    my data.

    If anybody can send me this file: which is located in
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys

    Please send it to , coz I couldn't use this account
    from tomorrow

    I will appreciate your BIG HELP so much! You are my life saver!

    Regards,

    James

    James Hu, Nov 11, 2005

  2. On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:09:18 -0500, "James Hu" <>

    > If anybody can send me this file: which is located in
    > c:\windows\system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys
    >
    > Please send it to , coz I couldn't use this account
    > from tomorrow

    If you are on an XP system, a copy is probably to be found in
    c:\i386.

    I also find one in c:\program files\sonic\dla\install
    And I suspect there might be a prefetch version in the Windows
    prefetch directory.l

    The file implements Sonics "Drive Letter Access" used to make
    CD-R(W) drives accessible to drag&drop operations. Doesn't seem like
    something would prevent booting; should only really affect the CD drive
    and hooking into the file explorer.

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Nov 12, 2005