    in the html source. Is there a reason? How do I force it to be generated.
    The page seems to function properly for post back but I DO need the
    __doPostBack() function to post back by a child popup window.
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgV29uZGVyZnVs?=, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Hey steve,

    The framework will only add that section of code for controls that need to
    postback such as Asp:buttons, linkbuttons, dropdownlists that have
    autopostback=true, etc.

    You can add that bit of code to your page by using the Page's
    GetPostBackClientHyperlink. That allows post back processing of your control
    on the server.

    Page.GetPostBackClientHyperlink(Control,"");

    HTH,
    Tony

    "Steve Wonderful" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Anthony Merante, Mar 15, 2006

  3. __doPostBack only generated if you have controls like LinkButton.
    You can dump it on a form and surround it with <!-- your link button
    here -->
    So people will not see it.

    George

    George Ter-Saakov, Mar 16, 2006