A matter of being polite

oeyvind toft

Lasse said:
Hey, what part of the FAQ (section 2.3, paragraph 6, word 9) didn't
you understand?

Dennis Ingram writes:
'Sad, I know. But think about it, this behaviour is all around us. Ever
played golf? There is always some wanker who delights in pointing out
how you have violated some trivial local rule or whatever. And so
on....'

Hey, why not read Mr.Ingram`s whole post?

Oeyvind

http://home.online.no/~oeyvtoft/ToftWeb/

Michael Winter

Dennis Ingram writes:
'Sad, I know. But think about it, this behaviour is all around us. Ever
played golf? There is always some wanker who delights in pointing out
how you have violated some trivial local rule or whatever. And so on....'

Hey, why not read Mr.Ingram`s whole post?

Why don't you look around Usenet? The practice of replying in-line and
trimming quotes has been adopted in *every* technical group I've ever
subscribed to. That doesn't mean it's universal by any stretch of the
imagination, but it's far from a "local rule". Besides, are you trying to
imply that it's really that difficult to write after what you're referring
to and delete the rest of the post?

Also, you seem to have missed the fact that, whilst pointing out a
guideline you should follow, Lasse's post was tongue-in-cheek (quite
obviously, I thought).

Mike