a new Python Podcast series (and the use of Python in creating podcasting tools)

Discussion in 'Python' started by rdsteph@mac.com, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Python411 is a series of podcasts about Python, aimed at hobbyists and
    others who are learning Python. Each episode focuses on one aspect of
    learning Python, or one kind of Python programming, and points to
    online tools and tutorials. Python related news and events will also be
    reported upon.

    This podcast series will probably not be of much interest to expert or
    professional programmers. I am a hobbyist and am not qualified nor
    capable of creating a podcast series for accomplished programmers.
    Maybe someone else will do that.

    The four podcasts so far are titled as such:

    Introduction to Python

    Computer Programming for Everybody

    GUI toolkits for Python

    Python for Mobile Devices

    New podcasts will appear from time to time.

    Interestingly, while on the subject of podcasts, I would like to point
    out that Python is emerging as the programming language of choice for
    creating tools for creating podcasts and using podcasts. For instance,
    iPodder is the leading podcast aggregator, or podcatcher, and is
    written in Python. Also, a new program called Podcatcher on a Stick is
    an open source Python project that is creating a podcatcher that runs
    on a mobile mp3 player itself, rather than on a PC. Links to these
    programs can be found on my web site.

    The home page for Python411 is
    http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.html and one can click on the
    podcasts there to play them, or better you can subscribe to an rss feed
    at http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.xml
    , Jul 12, 2005

  2. Lucas Raab Guest

    Re: a new Python Podcast series (and the use of Python in creatingpodcasting tools)

    wrote:
    > Python411 is a series of podcasts about Python, aimed at hobbyists and
    > others who are learning Python. Each episode focuses on one aspect of
    > learning Python, or one kind of Python programming, and points to
    > online tools and tutorials. Python related news and events will also be
    > reported upon.
    >
    > This podcast series will probably not be of much interest to expert or
    > professional programmers. I am a hobbyist and am not qualified nor
    > capable of creating a podcast series for accomplished programmers.
    > Maybe someone else will do that.
    >
    > The four podcasts so far are titled as such:
    >
    > Introduction to Python
    >
    > Computer Programming for Everybody
    >
    > GUI toolkits for Python
    >
    > Python for Mobile Devices
    >
    > New podcasts will appear from time to time.
    >
    > Interestingly, while on the subject of podcasts, I would like to point
    > out that Python is emerging as the programming language of choice for
    > creating tools for creating podcasts and using podcasts. For instance,
    > iPodder is the leading podcast aggregator, or podcatcher, and is
    > written in Python. Also, a new program called Podcatcher on a Stick is
    > an open source Python project that is creating a podcatcher that runs
    > on a mobile mp3 player itself, rather than on a PC. Links to these
    > programs can be found on my web site.
    >
    > The home page for Python411 is
    > http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.html and one can click on the
    > podcasts there to play them, or better you can subscribe to an rss feed
    > at http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.xml

    Nice idea!! It would be great to get some of the advanced Python guys in
    on this from time to time.

    --
    Lucas Raab
    Lucas Raab, Jul 12, 2005

    I'd love to get some guest "lectures" from advanced folks, and
    interviews with prominent Pythonista people etc.

    Ron
    , Jul 12, 2005