    passive, as mentioned in the message.

    Thanks.
    Dung Ping

    Dung Ping, Dec 24, 2005

  2. Dung Ping

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Dung Ping wrote:

    > This morning I was unable to upload files to my web site, so sent an
    > email to my ISP, and got following replay:
    >
    > quote
    > You won't be able to upload because you might be behind the firewall
    > which blocking you.
    > If you are behind the firewall, make sure that you use the PASIVE MODE
    > or turn off the firewall.
    > end of quote
    >
    > I have been with this ISP for more than a year, but never had this
    > problem. Nor I intalled Firewall to my computer. Is it possible that
    > it came with other software I installed recently? I like to learn how
    > to fnd out whether the Firewall is in my computer, and set the mode to
    > passive, as mentioned in the message.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Dung Ping

    Hmmmmmmmm. What FTP program / software are you useing?.
    Do you run the Norton Anti-virus Software application sweet of
    programs. Such as Norton Sicurity?.
    If you notice the norton Internet sicurity program running in your
    system tray. Just right click on it and disable the firewall part of it
    and you should be able to upload. Alternitvly CoreFTP downloadable from
    http://www.coreftp.com has a function where it will automaticly connect
    to passive mode if it can't get passed your FireWall. Or it will ask
    you if you want to use Passive Mode.
    In which case you would say yes.
    HTH.

    Chaddy2222, Dec 25, 2005