A question on Firewall

Dung Ping

This morning I was unable to upload files to my web site, so sent an
email to my ISP, and got following replay:

quote
You won't be able to upload because you might be behind the firewall
which blocking you.
If you are behind the firewall, make sure that you use the PASIVE MODE
or turn off the firewall.
end of quote

I have been with this ISP for more than a year, but never had this
problem. Nor I intalled Firewall to my computer. Is it possible that
it came with other software I installed recently? I like to learn how
to fnd out whether the Firewall is in my computer, and set the mode to
passive, as mentioned in the message.

Thanks.
Dung Ping

Chaddy2222

Dung said:
This morning I was unable to upload files to my web site, so sent an
email to my ISP, and got following replay:

quote
You won't be able to upload because you might be behind the firewall
which blocking you.
If you are behind the firewall, make sure that you use the PASIVE MODE
or turn off the firewall.
end of quote

I have been with this ISP for more than a year, but never had this
problem. Nor I intalled Firewall to my computer. Is it possible that
it came with other software I installed recently? I like to learn how
to fnd out whether the Firewall is in my computer, and set the mode to
passive, as mentioned in the message.

Thanks.
Dung Ping
Hmmmmmmmm. What FTP program / software are you useing?.
Do you run the Norton Anti-virus Software application sweet of
programs. Such as Norton Sicurity?.
If you notice the norton Internet sicurity program running in your
system tray. Just right click on it and disable the firewall part of it
and you should be able to upload. Alternitvly CoreFTP downloadable from
http://www.coreftp.com has a function where it will automaticly connect
to passive mode if it can't get passed your FireWall. Or it will ask
you if you want to use Passive Mode.
In which case you would say yes.
HTH.