About .Net FrameWord Component AutoUpdater didnt work??

Lucrefy

i have a winform program that need automatic upgrade.I see and follow an
article£¨http://windowsforms.net/articles/appupdater.aspx£© to build my own
program,but it didnt work.
show me a error message like following:
/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Unable to auto-download the missing parts of the application from:
http://localhost/SampleApp_ServerSetup/UpdateVersion.xmlSystem.resources.dll

Make sure your connected to the network.If the problem persists re-install
the application.
---------*/

my IIS setting is right!

thanks for you help!!!!very,very,thank you!

gkochanowsky

Its been awhile but maybe this can help others.

I had a similar problem. What I discovered is that the appupdater
control was trapping resource exeptions in the application. In my
particular case I had included a graphic and an icon in my application.
When the form that used these resources loaded it would trigger the
exception. However I found that if I clicked Ok on the alert that the
form loaded anyway and it found the resource. I also examined the
resources embedded in the app execuatable and found that the resources
were there. By all accounts it should have worked but I was still
getting this dang exception. I am not sure what caused the original
exception but the way I solved the problem was to include the two files
in my project and to change their build properties to "embedded". I then
modified the form code that loaded those resouces as follows:

---->>>>replace this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
this.pictureBox1.Image =
((System.Drawing.Image)(resources.GetObject("pictureBox1.Image")));

---->>>with this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Bitmap image = new Bitmap (GetType (), "logogr-b.gif");
this.pictureBox1.Image = image;

AND

---->>>replace this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
this.Icon =
((System.Drawing.Icon)(resources.GetObject("$this.Icon")));

---->>>>with this vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Icon icon = new Icon(GetType(), "ball.ico");
this.Icon = icon;

The problem will go away.

Hope this helps. But if it doesn't you can setup you debugging
environment to trap on the exception and step through the code and see
what is going on.