    must exist in the library.

    Where can I download the ieee.numeric_std.all ?
    Thx

    lezah, Feb 6, 2004

  2. "lezah" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I am using Maxplus II, but when I include this "use
    > ieee.numeric_std.all" in my code,
    > it has the following error message:
    > Library error: primary unit "numeric_std" denoted by prefix "IEEE"
    > must exist in the library.

    This is a limitation of MaxPlus+II, and several other
    manufacturer-specific tools of the same era.

    You can't add the package even if you had the source
    code, because the synthesis tool needs to have the
    library built-in for performance reasons.

    However, you should find that you can

    use ieee.std_logic_arith.all;

    instead. This library was the predecessor of numeric_std
    and basically works in the same way (new types SIGNED and
    UNSIGNED; operators "+", "-", "<" etc) but the conversion
    functions have different names:

    numeric_std std_logic_arith
    ================================
    to_integer conv_integer
    to_(un)signed conv_(un)signed
    resize extend

    I'm not sure whether std_logic_arith.extend has the same
    functionality as numeric_std.resize - I would need to
    look that up, and it's the end of Friday, so I
    can't be bothered :)
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:

    Jonathan Bromley, Feb 6, 2004

  3. lezah wrote:
    > Hi, I am using Maxplus II, but when I include this "use
    > ieee.numeric_std.all" in my code,
    > it has the following error message:
    > Library error: primary unit "numeric_std" denoted by prefix "IEEE"
    > must exist in the library.
    >
    > Where can I download the ieee.numeric_std.all ?

    It comes with Quartus, along with many other
    impovements for VHDL synthesis.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Feb 6, 2004