Access is denied error when using COM

Ayoa

I have a COM Component (VB6) which i am trying to use in my ASP.Net App. I
have already successfully used it in a c# windows app. But when i attempt to
use it in my ASP.net app it throws an "System.UnauthorizedAccessException:
Access is denied" exception on the initialisation line.
i.e. PMerger.clsPMergerClass oPdf = new PMerger.clsPMergerClass();
in my Web.config file i have authentication mode to be "windows" and
identity impersonate to be "True".

Please help.

Ayoa

Hi,

I registered the COM component in the usual way (regsvr32) on the local
machine.
I do have a C# windows app using it (I presumed this would have involved
interop)

Thanks

Guest

if your component is registered then its picked up

but if not i guess you will have give rights to aspnet accountworker process