Access to data sources across domains

googleboy

I have created a html-page with formelements that via a javascript get
their data from an iframe that calls a external XLM-page. The solution
works in MS Explorer, but only if the browser security is changed to
allow data access across domains.

Has anybody found a way, so the browser default-settings does not need
to be changed.

Thanx
Steve

Michael Winter

I have created a html-page with formelements that via a javascript get
their data from an iframe that calls a external XLM-page. The solution
works in MS Explorer, but only if the browser security is changed to
allow data access across domains.

Has anybody found a way, so the browser default-settings does not need
to be changed.

That would be a serious security flaw, wouldn't it.

Mike

Jim Ley

That would be a serious security flaw, wouldn't it.

Yep no way to do it in IE other than with a reduced security level.

In mozilla and firefox you could switch to their SOAP implementation
which is free to access data sources across domains. (and yes I think
that's a security flaw too, but Mozilla developers don't, so ...)

Jim.