"Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\" is denie

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by lee atkinson, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. lee atkinson

    lee atkinson Guest

    Hi

    I have the following set up:

    A Domain controller with and ASP.NET website.

    Anonymous access is allowed, using DOMAIN\IUSR_...

    Application pool running under the identity of another domain user.

    The application pool user is a member of IIS_WPG and IIS_WPG has full
    access to the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder.

    No ASP.NET impersonation is set up.

    When the home directory is on the local machine, the site works OK.
    However, when the home directory is on the network share (within the
    domain, via DFS), we get the above error.

    If I give access to IUSR to the folder, it works, but I don't
    udnerstand why, since I have not set impersonation - and I would have
    thought anyway that the application pool would do it's housekeeping
    (creating temporary files, etc) as itself.

    I would have expected that, if there was an error accessing content on
    a remote share, then this would cause an access error on the content,
    not the temporary files.

    Many thanks for any help and advice on this.

    Regards, Lee
    lee atkinson, Nov 8, 2005