Accessibility rant

Art Sackett

Whitecrest said:
You need therapy...

In addition to web designer and usability expert, you're also a
clinical pychologist? I'm impressed.
Actually from reading the posts and observing you can tell that the
majority here are not your typical web users.

No you can't. You can tell that the majority here give partially
correct answers to questions typically asked by hobbyist web page
authors. How that relates to their web usage is not knowable without
deeper research.
Then you are familiar with telling them the difference between click and
click click....

Nope. I've never heard the term "click click" before now.
And it does not make it wrong either.

What makes it wrong is that the person speaking to us via radio or
television is suggesting that we click on a hyperlink when there is
no such hyperlink available to us.

Whitecrest

No you can't. You can tell that the majority here give partially
correct answers to questions typically asked by hobbyist web page
authors. How that relates to their web usage is not knowable without
deeper research.

Your kidding right? Flash usage? Client scripting? You could easily name
those in this forum that use them and those that don't for their
personal surfing. Heck just look at this thread and you can find that
out. People in this forum don't hide how they browse.
Nope. I've never heard the term "click click" before now.

Proof that there are many ways to teach.
What makes it wrong is that the person speaking to us via radio or
television is suggesting that we click on a hyperlink when there is
no such hyperlink available to us.

And I say it invokes the listeners imagination.

Art Sackett

Whitecrest said:
Your kidding right?

The most important thing to understand is how little you truly know.
Proof that there are many ways to teach.

I asked my 15 year old daughter, she says she's never heard of "click
click" either, not even in the many computer related courses she's had
throughout her so-called education.

If "click click" means double-click, I'd expect many to find such
talking-down to be offensive.
And I say it invokes the listeners imagination.

You're free to say anything you wish, of course.

'Scuse me while I flambibulate my humongous gonkulator...

brucie

I asked my 15 year old daughter, she says she's never heard of "click
click" either,

neither have i.
If "click click" means double-click, I'd expect many to find such
talking-down to be offensive.

i used "double-click" once when explaining to a newbie and she was a
bit confused and wasn't sure how to make the mouse click.

the mouse used a mechanical action similar to the squishy rubber in
remote controls which don't make a "click" like mouses that use micro
switches.

pressing the mouse button twice made much more sense to her.