Accessing template Drop Down Fields contents from a gridview. Am I stupid??

gwhite1

OK, this seemed like a simple application a week ago. I have loaded a
gridview from a sqlserver DB and have a template column with a dropdown
field. I want the user to be able to dropdown the field and change the
dropdown value and update the database AT THAT TIME. I can populate the
grid and get a postback when ever the dropdown is changed. I can also
trap the dropdown change event.

What I can't do is figure out how to tell which row the dropdown was
changed on. How can I tell which dropdown row was changed? There has to
be a way. Once I know the row then I can read the new value and update
the database.

So basically if the user dropsdown the 10th rows dropdown box and
changes it I want to know the 10th row dropdown was changed so I can
read the new value and update it.

Thanks for any help!! I honestly appreciate your help and I promise to
learn something!!