    I'm building an ASP .net page and integrating it into my share point portal server 2003 using a webpage viewing webpart. What I need to do is, when the user logs in, I need to be able to capture the log in information and then find a value called 'row id' based on this log on information. This row id, will then be used to look up his information on our sql server. I can fix the second part of the problem, however the first part is something I have no clue yet. So basically , I need to know a way to find out the log in information , where it is basically stored(and if there are permissions that I'll have to overcome) and how to use it in my program. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

    cheers,

    Ranjan

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuamFuIGFzIHVzdWFs?=, Jun 25, 2004

  2. The asp.net server variables collection will contain most of what you can
    get access to in relation to the remote user, basically the authenticated
    user name. You'll then need to use that to do your lookup.
    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft Regional Director
    Microsoft MVP

    "Ranjan as usual" <Ranjan as > wrote in
    message news:...

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Jun 25, 2004