accesskey wml attribute

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by kapilp, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. kapilp

    kapilp Guest

    Hello,

    In WML you are able to set the accesskey attribute to links and do tags. But
    the .net 2005 mobile controls do not support this attribute.

    How can I make .net render the accesskey attribute?

    I think this URL describs what I want to do:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wa642f6e.aspx

    the problem is that when I go to download the adapter source files that the
    article mentions at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=6350 and try to
    install I get the following message.

    "Setup has detected an incompatible version of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
    The Mobile Internet Toolkit cannot be installed at this time."

    I am running XP pro using vs.net 2005.

    Whats the deal???
    --
    Thank You,
    Kapil Pershad
    kapilp, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Hi Kapil,

    Thank you for posting.

    As for the "Mobile Internet Toolkit" you're about to download, it is
    originally provided with the .NET framework 1.x, as you can seen the
    publish date is 2002/1/16. If possible, you can consider find a box which
    has .net framework 1.1 only and try installing the toolkit on that box, and
    the toolkit just provide the reference source code on the mobile control
    adapters. And as for the actual adapters used in .net 2.0's mobile ASP.NET
    control, they may vary from them, but the code logic should be same.

    BTW, based on my understanding, "accesskey" is a XHTML specific attribute
    rather than WML, so I'm not quite sure the target device of your
    application support WML+ "accesskey".

    Please feel free to post here if you have any other questions or ideas on
    this.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 31, 2006

  3. kapilp

    kapilp Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I tried to install the download on a box that has only v1.0.3705 & v1.1.4322
    installed on it and I got the same message. Dont know what the problem is???

    If you are saying that the code from the 2.0 controls and the ones in the
    toolkit are differnent then I cant solve my problem using the adapters
    because when I modify the code as the article suggests, recompile a new
    assembly, reference it, I will be using that one instead of the 2.0 version
    which would probibly cause more problems I am sure.

    Yes the accesskey is XHTML and my target device does support it.

    Do you know of any other way how I can make that attribute show up in .net
    2.0 mobile controls????
    kapilp, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Thanks for your followup Kapilp,

    Yes, I've also noticed that. After some further checking , the Mobile
    Internet toolkit is originally shipped with .net framework 1.0(at that time
    it is not built-in components). Ever since 1.1 , those control and adapters
    become built-in classes in .net framework. That's why we can not install it
    on .net framework 1.1 or 2.0. We need a box with .net framework 1.0
    installed, I've tried that and correctly find the adapter's source code in
    it.

    Hope this helps.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 4, 2006